Whether you are preparing space for frames purchased at Vision Expo or just a new line, now is a great time to do some “house cleaning”. You know…look for all those old posters, counter cards, outdated P.O.P and handouts that have been hanging out all too long. Who knows, you may be amazed at how much dust you find when you move them around.
A clean, neat, orderly and well-arranged space is more conducive to sales. Every space I ever visit has old and outdated materials that have stopped even being seen by the staff working the sales floor. No need to panic, this is just human behavior. Therefore, the introduction of any new line creates a great opportunity to simply look around with a critical eye and remove “something” such that the space can stay fresh.
My suggestions for how to introduce new frame purchases:
- Create a small space or section of your display that is specifically for “feature merchandising”.
- Give the representative from that line the opportunity to merchandise that space and only put their merchandise there. (Make it a 30 to 60 day opportunity)
- If there is no representative, get all the P.O.P material you can from the frame manufacturer and dress the feature area with it (as well as) lifestyle materials that relate to the eye wear.
- Be careful to show FEWER frames than more and make the staff aware that showing or directing people to this feature area will help you determine the impact of the styles, etc.
- When frames are easily seen and touched, get consumer reaction and base your future purchases on it. HINT…this will help with all lines.
- Lastly (since we are a display company), you need an area that is designated for easy use as a feature area. If you need this type of merchandising area, contact us or any display company that serves our industry. Every one of us work hard each day to dream up new ways to help sell your product for you so that you have more quality time to spend with each patient.
Remember, clean, neat, orderly, easily seen and well-presented will make your investment in new frames pay off every time.